Ability to select correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, standards, hardware, etc., to accomplish Shop Order Instances (SOIs). Drill, shim, install, fit, fasten, align, adjust and perform the necessary pre-installation assembly work to accomplish the installation of structural components requiring the use of production and engineering prints to determine exact locations.Report job constraints such as: errors caused by workmanship, defects in parts, materials, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc., in accordance with Company procedures. Perform any repairs, rework, functional checks and the incorporation of authorized changes, etc., as outlined by higher grade employees and within the same level of skill required of the duties described herein. Remove and/or replace installed components and any related parts.
Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions. Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time. Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards. Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area. Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs. Coordinate pertinent information with employees on other shifts. Ability to work any shift (days, evenings and midnights), stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required. Frequent overhead work may be required. Frequent overtime may be required.
Teammates must have the ability to perform the following physical requirements:
• Pass visual acuity and color perception tests
• Read, write, and comprehend the English language
• Use personal protective equipment for face/eyes and ears as required
• Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material
• Obtain & maintain personal certifications as required to support job responsibilities
• Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation
• On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs
• Occasional lifting of 21-35 pounds
• Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
• Frequent walking on flat surfaces
• Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces
• Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surfaces
• Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands
• Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls
• Occasional contact with metals
• Exposure to plastics and solvents to atmospheric conditions
• Frequent exposure to noise
**Must be able to work any shift required and may be asked to change shifts with limited notice**
Upon receiving an offer, successful completion of an Assessment November 23 is a requirement for this position. Assessment schedule and report time will be provided at a later date. Contractors successfully completing the Assessment will be badged on MONDAY, DECEMBER 2.
SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A 3-WEEK TRAINING CLASS IS A REQUIREMENT TO BE RETAINED FOR THIS POSITION. TRAINING SCHEDULE TBD AND MAY OCCUR ON ANY SHIFT. FOLLOWING COMPLETION OF THE TRAINING CLASS, SHIFT ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE MADE
Prior aerospace, manufacturing, assembly, electrical, or military experience required